You are going to hear an interview on jet lag. As you listen, complete the following statements by writing NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer. You will listen to this part TWICE.
You now have 60 SECONDS to read questions 25 -32.
25. One may suffer from jet lag after travelling across several ____________________.
26. When one travels from east to west, he/she may experience ____________________.
27. Jet lag results from the upset of body’s ______________________.
28. Jet lag can cause decrease in people’s mental _____________________.
29. If one suffers from jet lag, he/she may feel ____________________.
30. To reduce the effects of jet lag, one can try pre-flight ___________________.
31. Different people adjust to time difference at different ___________________.
32. Generally speaking, it takes a person_______________ to recover fully if he/she travels from
Australia to Great Britain.
You are going to hear an introduction to Jack Newell Health Farm. Listen carefully and then answer the following questions by writing NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer. You will listen to this part TWICE.
You now have 60 SECONDS to read questions 33- 40.
33. In which year did the Jack Newell Health Farm open?
34. What is NOT served at Jack Newell Health Farm?
35. Name ONE exercise that is encouraged at Jack Newell Health Farm.
36. What is the magnificent garden specially designed for?
37. What does the speaker say about relaxation?
38. What organized activity can you join at Jack Newell Health Farm instead of watching TV?
40. What kind of people is suitable to join the hill-hiking?
25. time zones
26. jet lead
27. natural pattern
32. 10 days
33. In 1978
34. red meat/alcohol
35. dangerous//important // light
37. (attracting) wildlife
38. important to health
39. horse riding/guided hikes/visit to shepherd
40. (quite) fit